Verdict. “With 8Meg download speed and 1.3Meg upload speed, Be Broadband certainly offer quick broadband connections. They offer a good range of ADSL services from the entry ‘Be Value’ for £14 upto a whopping 24Mb for their ‘Be Unlimited’ and ‘Be Pro’ packages. Be there offer broadband packages for the power use – not for the faint hearted.”
Pro.“High speed connectivity for the broadband connoisseur. “
Con.“High speed connectivity is limited to towns and cities – to avoid disappointment check your postcode on their website first. “
Be broadband products
|Broadband Package||Advertised Speed||Monthy Downloads||Contract length||Total Price – 1st Year|
|BeValue||upto 8Mb||Unlimited||12 months||£198.50
|Be Unlimited||upto 24Mb||Unlimited||3 months||£192.50
|Be Pro||upto 24Mb||Unlimited||3 months||£236.50
Best Deal. Be Value, unlimited monthly downloads, 8Mb download speeds and super fast upload speeds. Total Year1 cost £192.00 Sign up to Be broadband today
Feedback. Got any recommendations or strong feelings about Be broadband? Then leave a comment.
More about Be broadband
- Broadband for Mac packages
- About Be broadband
- About Be’s service
- Standard features
- Current promotions
- Switching broadband to Be
- Customer support
- What you need to get Be broadband
- The small print
- Reader’s comments about Be broadband
Be offer a choice of four Be Broadband Options*, starting from only £14 a month. All Be there’s broadband options offer free connection, unlimited monthly downloads and a free wireless router. The Unlimited ADSL package also offers reduced contract lengths.
Be was the very first UK broadband provider to offer super fast broadband connections of 24Mb. Founded by Boris Ivanovic and Dana Pressman in 2004, Be there broadband was the first ISP to use ADSL-2 technology (the technology that allows the broadband speeds to be so high). Not only does Be provide industry download speeds but it also offers upload speeds in excess of 1.3 Mb. Bethere .com has recently been bought out by O2 broadband – its early days but the two companies should blossom. Be broadband won the prestigious ‘Best Sumo Consumer Broadband’ Award at the 2006 ISPAs (the broadband industry’s equivallent of the oscars) – Be there offer good high bandwidth connection for power users.
The Be Broadband package offers you a connection speed of 8Mb-24Mb from a well-known and established ISP backed by the CarphoneWarehouse. Customers are free to set up home networks where more than one computer benefits from the same internet connection. Be broadband prides itself on its extra features, which include parental controls, anti virus software and spam filters. Download limits are subject to Be broadband’s fair usage policy.
- £24 connection fee and FREE wireless ‘Be Box’ router (worth £116).
- Download speeds of between 8 and 24Mb.
- Unlimited monthly downloads
- 1 free email address
- Customer service / Support lines open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- Visit the Be Broadband website for further details of their broadband deals
- Latest Mac Broadband news articles about Be
- Got any recommendations or strong feelings about Be? Then leave a comment in the form below and we’ll put it up for all to see.
You can apply to switch to Be Broadband is easy. Everything you need to do to connect to Be broadband will be handled by the Be there team with no interruption to your existing broadband service. The MAC migration of your broadband is as follows:
- Check to see if you are able to switch from your current Broadband provider. Click here to find their contact details.
- Call your current broadband provider to ask for your MAC code. What is a MAC code?
- Then return to Be to order your broadband or call the Be Broadband switcher team on 0808 234 8566.
- Sit back and relax as Be handle everything for you. Switching should take about 2 weeks during which you will probably lose your broadband connection.
Find out more on the Be there broadband website, Be Broadband
- Customer / Member support line is open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- Customer helpline number is 0808 234 8566 (the cost per minute for this is unclear)
- A BT telephone line in a broadband enabled area – that Be service (check with Be’s availability checker)
- You need to be over 18 years of age with a bank charge card (either credit or debit) – don’t ask why on the age restriction, we don’t know why.
- A broadband modem or modem router for connecting your devices (including Apple mac) to Be – a Be Box wireless router is supplied FREE of charge with Be broadband packages.
- Telephone line filters – It is not clear whether these are included with Be broadband.
- A broadband compatible operating system – above Mac OS 8/9, Mac OSX etc. (PC computers will need to be specced higher than Windows 2000).
* Be there has a ‘fair usage policy’ which basically means you can have unlimited downloads but don’t go over-board. If you use a crazy amount of downloads then Be might slow your connection speed or reseerve the right to kick you off the contract. Sounds scary but isn’t – if you downloads masses of files, often (you know who you are) then we advise you read the small print on the Bethere .com website.
** As with other high speed ADSL broadband connections, the speed advertised is the maximum you’ll receive. The actual bandwidth you receive from an ISP will depend on how close you are to your BT exchange, the quality of the copper connection, and signal interference.