Verdict. “Namesco have some great introductory broadband offers. They are not one of the major broadband operators but they are very popular amongst the Apple community. Their 1 month contracts are exceptional and show that customer satisfaction levels are high. “
Pro.“Very cheap offering – perfect for those either new to broadband or not planning on using it much. Once it is up and running it will stay up and give you little hassle “
Con.“None that I can think of “
Namesco broadband products
|Broadband Package||Advertised Speed||Monthy Downloads||Contract length||Total Price – 1st Year|
||upto 512k||1Gb||1 month||£166.65
||upto 2Mb||1Gb||1 month||£155.40
|Namesco Gold||upto 8Mb||1Gb||1 month||£179.40
Best Deal. Namesco Bronze, 1GB data downloads per month. Total Year 1 cost £166.65. Sign up to Namesco today
Promotion. For a limited period, Namesco are offering their broadband from only £1 per month. To view our selection of broadband discount deals please visit broadband promotion codes
Feedback. Got any recommendations or strong feelings about Namesco? Then leave a comment.
More about Namesco Broadband
- Broadband for Mac packages
- About Namesco broadband
- About Namesco’s service
- Standard features
- Broadband awards
- Current promotions
- Switching broadband to Namesco
- Customer support
- What you need to get Namesco broadband
- The small print
- Reader’s comments about Namesco
Namesco offer a choice of seven Namesco broadband Options*, starting from only £10.95 a month. All but Namesco Bronze broadband offer free connection. Download speeds vary from 512k (for first time users) through to 8mb for their most popular Namesco Gold offer. Contention ratios are also low; advertised at 50:1.
Namesco started life back in 1996 as a company that provided internet domain names and hosting services. Since then, Namesco has been through a number of owners hands and between 2000 and 2004 was a public limited company (PLC). Now a private company again, Namesco has solidified its position as a web host, domain registrar and broadband supplier. Namesco has won numerous awards over the years.
Namesco is one of the largest independent broadband suppliers in the UK – supplying broadband to over 16o,000 – very happy – broadband customers
Namesco have seven broadband packages that span both home broadband usage and business broadband. Namesco offer variety of broadband products – ranging from the Bronze product for broadband beginners through to Platinum and Platinum+ (paltinum plus) for business users.
Broadband usage over 1GB per month is charged at £1/ GB on the bronze product and £1.20/GB on the silver and Gold packages.
- 512kb to 8mb broadband speed
- Free broadband setup on all packages other than bronze
- No long contracts – only 30 days notice is required to switch to another broadband provider
- Free wireless ADSL router OR single port wired ADSL router
- 1x free POP3 mailbox and email address
- 1x free, one-page website
- Online gaming is upported
- Support is provided from a UK call-centre, 7 days per week
- Apple Mac compatible PC compatible
- Namesco Talk – Unlimited weekend evening calls to UK landlines
- September 2008: Nominated for the PC Pro magazine’s Best Web Hosts Award 2008
- Won the Best Shared Hosting Award from the ISPA Awards in 2008.
- Finalist for Best Dedicated Hosting Award from the ISPA Awards in 2008.
- 2nd Best Small ISP Award from PC Advisor in 2007.
- Finalist for Best Consumer Broadband Award from the ISPA Awards in 2007.
- Finalist for Best Business Broadband Award from the ISPA Awards in 2007.
- Finalist for Best Consumer Email Award from the ISPA Awards in 2007.
- Finalist for Best Business Email Award from the ISPA Awards in 2007.
- Won the Best Buy for Broadband Award from PC Advisor in 2006.
- Won the Best Customer Satisfaction Award from PC Advisor in 2006.
To view our selection of broadband discount deals please visit broadband promotion codes
You can apply to switch to Namesco is easy. Everything you need to do to connect to Namesco broadband will be handled by the Namesco internet team with no interruption to your existing broadband service. The MAC migration of your broadband is as follows:
- Check to see if you are able to switch from your current Broadband provider. Click here to find their contact details.
- Call your current broadband provider to ask for your MAC code. What is a MAC code?
- Then return to Namesco and fill-out your detials online.
- Sit back and relax as Namesco will handle the whole broadband switch for you.
Find out more on the Namesco.com website, Namesco broadband.
- Namesco’s customer care team can be contacted on 0844 363 3633. Lines are open from 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Namesco’s technical support team can be contacted on 0845 363 3634. Lines are open from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday & 10am to 6pm on Saturday and Sunday. The team is UK based rare in broadband these days.
- If you are interested to see how responsive they are see Namesco’s call statistics
- A BT telephone line in a broadband enabled area.
- A broadband modem or modem router for connecting your devices (including Apple mac) to Namesco – this is supplied FREE of charge with Namesco broadband packages.
- Telephone line filters – Three are included with Namesco.
- A broadband compatible operating system – above Mac OS 8/9, Mac OSX etc. (PC computers will need to be specced higher than Windows 2000).
Minimum period of service is thirty (30) days.
* If termination occurs within the first twelve (12) months from the commencement date, a termination fee of £70.50 inc. VAT will be payable reduced to £35.25 inc. VAT if you have migrated in from another service provider. The termination fee consists of the ADSL Connection fee to activate your line and the full-cost of providing the “Free” broadband router to you.
** Excluding Namesco Bronze Broadband package
Downloads exceeding the included allowance will be billed in 1GB blocks at the rate of £1.00 ex. VAT on the Bronze, Silver & Gold packages and £1.20 ex. VAT on both Platinum packages, or cheaper when purchased in advance.
For further information please read our Terms and Conditions and Code of Practice.