Verdict. “Zen Internet are probably the most popular ISP for Apple users around. They offer a range of broadband services from low usage, home user products (Zen 8000 Lite) to high usage, products for SOH and SME offices (Zen Office Max). Zen are renowned for their customer service support. ”
Pro.“Good customer service and a 1 month contract “
Con.“The monthly costs of Zen Internet are relatively high – but you can be re-assured that you can cease your contract with minimum notice. “
Zen Internet products
|Broadband Package||Advertised Speed||Monthy Downloads||Contract length||Total Price – 1st Year|
|Zen 8000 Lite||upto 8Mb||5Gb||1 month||£215.88|
|Zen 8000 Active||upto 8Mb||25Gb||1 month||£299.88|
|Zen 8000 Pro||upto 8Mb||50Gb||1 month||£419.88|
|Zen Office 8000||upto 8Mb||50Gb||1 month||£540.00|
|Zen Office Max||upto 8Mb||Unlimited||1 month||£948.00|
Best Deal. Zen 8000 Active, 20Gb monthly download limit. Total Year1 cost £299.88 (One month contract) Sign up to Zen Internet today.
Feedback. Got any recommendations or strong feelings about? Then leave a comment.
More about Zen Internet
- Broadband for Mac packages
- About AOL broadband
- About AOL’s service
- Standard features
- Current promotions
- Switching broadband to AOL
- Customer support
- What you need to get AOL broadband
- The small print
- Reader’s comments about AOL
Zen offer a choice of five Zen Internet Options, starting from only £17.99 a month. Zen offers download speeds upto 8Mb.
Zen Internet is an award-winning Internet Service Provider (ISP) that delivers reliable Internet services to business and home users since 1995.
Zen has consistently been recognised within the industry for the quality of their products and services and for their determination to achieve Zen’s company mission “to provide the best ISP service in the UK.”
Since the launch of Zen’s Mac Support Team in August 1996, Zen Internet has gained a first class position in the field of providing and supporting Broadband for Apple Mac users. Their dedicated team of technical advisors is a perfect example of how committed they are to meeting specific customer requirements and Mac users can be assured that the Zen support team have the necessary knowledge levels and are aware of the latest Mac developments.
At the 2007 Macworld Awards, Zen Internet’s success in delivering excellent service levels to Mac users was recognised when they won the award for “Best Mac-friendly ISP”. The prize was based on the results of nominations from the Macworld readership and is an established event in the Mac calendar.
The Zen Internet packages offer you a connection speed of upto 8Mb from a multi-award winning ISP that is a firm favorite with Apple mac users. Zen offer 5 different Broadband options, featuring download speeds of up to 8Mbps and a range of capped and truly unlimited packages. Prices start at £17.99 per month including VAT, and all services have a minimum contract of just one month. Zen Internet prides itself on its customer service, and offers brilliant support for Apple users.
- 2Gb monthly download limit – higher limits are available( upto 50Gb and unlimited downloads)
- A one month contract – if you don’t get on with Zen Internet you can always switch
- Up to 8Mbps downstream speed**
- Up to 448Kbps upstream speeds
- UK based, premier Customer Service & Technical Support
- Local Rate Calls to Sales, Customer Service & Technical Support
- Unlimited uploads
Zen do not currently have any discounts or promotions.
- Visit the Zen Internet website for further details of their broadband deals
- Latest Mac Broadband news articles about Zen Internet
If you already have an active Broadband account with another ISP, you can migrate your service to Zen Broadband without having to wait for your current ISP to cancel your existing service. There are three easy steps to this process:
- Contact your existing Broadband provider and ask them for a Migrations Authority Code (MAC).Please make sure that your current provider is aware that you are moving to Zen Internet and do not want your service cancelled until the migration has been completed.
- Place an order online at Zen ADSL orders where you will be asked for the MAC and the ISP you are moving from. Alternatively, call our Sales team on 0845 058 9000 and provide this information to them.
- Once the request has been accepted, the order will be processed within 3 – 5 working days, depending on the product chosen and the quality of your line. We will then send you an e-mail providing you with the precise date when the Zen Broadband service will be first provided and all the details needed to use and maintain your new Internet connection.
- ‘Live’ online help is available during office hours
- Customer services are available from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday
- Technical support is available 8am until 8pm Monday to Friday, and 9am to 5pm at the weekend
Find out more on the Zen Internet website, Zen Internet.
- A BT telephone line in a broadband enabled area.
- A broadband modem or modem router for connecting your devices (including Apple mac) to Zen – these will need to be bought yourself or can be purchased from Zen for an additional fee..
- Telephone line filters – These are not included with Zen’s products.
- A broadband compatible operating system – above Mac OS 8/9, Mac OSX etc. (PC computers will need to be specced higher than Windows 2000).
- New customers will be charged a £47 activation fee.
- Notes about broadband speeds:
- Actual download speeds will be no higher than 7150Kbps
- Speeds are affected by line length, quality and peak internet usage periods and will range from 160Kbps to 7150Kbps
- BT Wholesale estimates that 78% of customers will achieve download speeds of 4Mbps and above.